PROGRAM MANAGER II
Sales Support Manager
|Department||MLGCA Administration and Operations|
|Date Opened||2/26/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/26/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$57,878.00 - $92,930.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Nathan Warfield|
LOCATION OF POSITION
1800 Washington Boulevard, Suite 330
Baltimore, MD 21230
Main Purpose of Job
Maryland Lottery & Gaming (ML&G) seeks a Sales Support Manager to work within the Sales Division. This position supports all sales and merchandizing activities between sales management, Lottery field sales, corporate sales, marketing, required vendors, and 4,400 Maryland Lottery retail partners. The main purpose of this position is to manage support functions for the Sales Division related to: retail merchandizing of Lottery products; warehousing of promotional items; developing internal policies and procedures; event management; budget tracking and procurement. This position is also responsible for the supervision and management of the Merchandizing team comprised of two (2) employees and one (1) Sales Division administrative aide. This position relates to the mission of the agency by maintaining the retailer network at an optimum level; ensuring integrity is maintained at all times; and maximizing sales at each retailer location through efficient utilization of point-of-sale (POS) materials, training programs, in-store merchandizing and periodic events. Reports to the Director of Lottery Sales.
This position is a vital part of the Sales Division Management team. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
· Oversee and direct the merchandizing team. Review and approve all merchandizing installations and removals including, but not limited to: self-service vending machine installations; in-store digital signage displays; window signage and other items as required.
· Develop a plan to maintain and grow SalesMaker retailer locations. Currently there are approximately 600 retail locations (labeled as SalesMaker locations) with an increased merchandizing focus on instant ticket scratch-offs sales, winner awareness and promotion.
· Participate in decision-making with Marketing and Sales Management team to support the merchandizing initiatives as needed. Coordinating type and quantity of various POS campaigns throughout the year. Manage timely distribution of POS by the Sales Division.
· Participate in decision-making with Communications and Sales Management team to support Lottery’s retailer and winner awareness initiatives as needed. Coordinating messaging and media (Retailer Report quarterly newsletter; Retailer Corner blog; Retailer Advisory Board semi-annual meetings; etc.) for retailer communications. Winner awareness in-store via digital signage as well as banner production and distribution.
· Provide reporting, analysis and tracking of various items to Sales Division management, including but not limited to: book inventory status (by territory and/or Region) related to last activation dates, hard recall books and books over 90 days; processing retailer bonus checks; managing initial allocations in SciTrak; maintenance of all Sales memos; coordinating with Contract Management department for installs and removals of equipment and knowledge of work order process via gemIntelligence.
· Collect, monitor and disseminate all information related to the Sales Division’s annual budget to ensure proper usage without exceeding the approved amount.
· Manage the Sales Division’s procurement requests to procure promotional items, point of sale materials and office supplies in a timely manner without exceeding the approved budgeted amount.
· Manage and establish internal policies and procedures to review, approve and submit the monthly promotional items reconciliation report.
· Support both selling and non-selling events, whether those events are in tandem with other Lottery departments or solely within the Sales Division.
· Additionally supervise one (1) Administrative Aide in their daily duties providing all administrative support for the entire Sales field team of fifty (50) employees.
· Work on special projects as assigned.
- This is a Management Service position, and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university in business, marketing, or a related field.
Experience: Five (5) years of retail-based merchandising support with a Consumer Products sales organization.
NOTE: Applicants may substitute additional experience as described above for the required college education on a year-for-year basis.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
● Three to five years selling, merchandising or marketing Lottery and/or consumer products to grocery, convenience store or mass merchandiser trade channels.
● Proficiency with standard PC software programs.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties that require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Resumes may be uploaded but will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application. Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and direct any inquiries to:
Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency
Attention: Nate Warfield, Director of Human Resources
1800 Washington Boulevard, Suite 330 Baltimore, MD 21230
Office: (410) 230-8764 or email: email@example.com
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay. As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.