PROGRAM MANAGER IV, Assistant Director
Revenue Administration Division
|Department||COMP Revenue Administration|
|Date Opened||6/20/2019 11:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/4/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$66,231.00 - $106,348.00/year|
|HR Analyst||April Hall|
OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS
This is a Management Service position. The incumbent will serve at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
LOCATION OF POSITION
The Comptroller of Maryland is seeking an experienced and highly motivated professional to join its senior executive management team. This position reports to the Deputy Director of the Revenue Administration Division and serves as a trusted staff member. Primary responsibilities of this position include oversight, management, and direction of several crucial functions including: processing revenue distributions; preparation of tax revenue statements and fiscal reports; depositing all funds for taxes and fees collected by the Comptroller of Maryland; processing amended income tax returns, taxpayer account adjustments, and complex corporate returns; and planning and implementing technology programs affecting the mission and operation of units within the agency and with external agency partners. This position also represents the division in special projects, programs, committees, and other high-profile assignments.
PLEASE NOTE: Saturdays and evenings as required. Personnel in this position is deemed as an emergency essential employee.
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Seven (7) years of increasingly responsible management experience in management or leadership positions.
- Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required general experience.
- Candidate may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
** For education obtained outside of the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. If you possess a degree obtained outside of the United States, please submit a detailed, course-by-course evaluation report from one of the U.S. equivalency evaluating members identified at http://www.naces.org/members.html.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors or advanced degree in accounting, management information systems, business, tax, or other related or comparable field.
- Maryland-licensed CPA, in good standing.
- Three (3) years experience in examining, analyzing, and interpreting accounting systems, records, and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, direct, and administer all aspects of a major operations unit.
- Demonstrated ability to establish goals, standards, and controls to meet operational objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, supervise, and evaluate the work of subordinate managers.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, lead, and manage multiple functions and tasks.
- Confidence, self-motivation, and good conflict resolution skills.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to demonstrate that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. Please indicate clearly any position-specific experience and ensure all education and experience sections are complete. Incomplete information may result in the disqualification of your application.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
*Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience. It is essential that you submit complete and accurate information on your application in order to determine if you meet the qualifications as specified above, including a resume and unofficial copy of you college diploma or transcripts; however, resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
Qualifying applicants are subject to an oral interview. Prior to appointment, the selected candidate must successfully undergo a comprehensive background investigation including a review of criminal, MVA and tax records; and determination of legal authorization to work in the United States or under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.This background check is comprehensive and may involve fingerprinting. Upon initial appointment OR promotion to a position in the State Personnel Management System.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply. If you are seeking veteran's preference, please submit a copy of your DD-214.
The preferred method for submitting additional information is to upload it directly into your online account. Please remove references to the first 5 digits of your SSN and your DOB on all attachments by deleting, redacting or blacking that information out with a marker. Any attachments necessary to demonstrate the minimum qualifications were met must be submitted by the filing deadline.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you choose fax or email as the option to submit your application and/or required additional information, you must include the following information on each page you submit:
- First and Last Name
- Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
- The last 4 digits of your SS#
Fax: 410-974-5249 – This fax number is for Comptroller of Maryland recruitment efforts only.
For Further Questions
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
If you have questions about this particular recruitment, please contact the Comptroller of MD, Office of Human Resources at email@example.com
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 260-6622 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.