BUSINESS SERVICES MANAGER
Program Manager Senior II
|Department||Department of General Services|
|Date Opened||11/1/2019 12:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/15/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$90,361 - $113,430 (dependent on experience)|
|HR Analyst||Kendra Young|
This is a Management Service position which serves at the pleasure of the appointing authority (“at-will”).
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The Department of General Services (DGS) is seeking a talented, motivated leader to function as the Business Services Manager within the newly created Office of State Procurement.
This position will support the Chief Procurement Officer (CPO) in directing statewide procurement activities within the Office of State Procurement (OSP) to accomplish its core mission, goals and objectives. The role develops, directs and manages OSP business plans to sustain business functions of State procurement. Financial, business, and administrative management operations of the OSP include developing, executing and managing budget and financial models that support and sustain the centralized statewide electronic procurement system (eMMA), the Maryland Strategic Sourcing Initiative (MSSI) (the statewide multijurisdictional multiple award schedule program); the Maryland Procurement Academy (MPA) training and certification programs, and other strategic programs within the OSP. Activities include financial planning and financial management, assisting with strategic operational planning, policy development, HR, IT, and records management for the OSP. The role assists in fulfilling the OSP’s mission to support the executive branch and leads activities enabling innovation to State and public procurement effectiveness, efficiency, transparency, value and accountability to benefit the State and its citizens.
· Business and Administrative Services: Primary duty of the position is to assist the CPO in statewide centralized procurement operations by developing and directing business and administrative activities of the OSP to develop and sustain core procurement business programs.
o Business Activities - Direct business activities to identify and implement effectiveness and efficiency improvements of the statewide: (a) eMMA eProcurement program, (b) Maryland Strategic Sourcing Initiative (MSSI), and (c) the Maryland Procurement Academy (MPA) to meet OSP goals and objectives. Analyze and manage business processes, operational activities, roles and responsibilities, in consultation with the CPO/DCPO.
o Administrative Services - Manage various admin services including small purchasing, document management, etc. to comply with applicable policies and ensure timely and effective admin support services.
o Policies and Business Plans - Advise and support OSP leadership to develop strategic policy, business plans, and assure high standards of IT systems and software technology support of OSP business needs.
· Financial Management: Ensure financial viability, sustainability and effective management of all business-related activities. Ensure business practices and financials for the OSP are managed to a high standard of accuracy and detail to reflect current State regulations, policies and procedures, and supervise and coordinate all financial audits, reviews and inspections. Monitor OSP budget and fiscal position and work with OSP program managers and DGS Fiscal to ensure program budget and fiscal compliance, and assist with the development of funding requests.
· eMMA Contract Management: Ensure effective management of eMMA contracts, administration of contract changes, supplier relationship management, and governance documents.
· Business Planning Management: Continuous improvement in developing effective MSSI program and multiple award schedule framework agreements, business fee schedules for all operations funded through general fund, non-general fund, internal service fund, special fund etc., to ensure all are managed and balanced with sufficient revenues to offset expenses for OSP business programs.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
- Substantial knowledge of accounting and budgeting, strategic planning and program management.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or related discipline preferred.
- Preferred Certifications: CPA, CMA, CASP, CGFM.
- Experience in programmatic needs assessment, strategic and operational planning, project planning, implementation and evaluation, and information technology is preferred.
- Knowledge of procurement practices and procedures; organizational and instructional development; human resources and information technology.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional communication (oral/written) and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple business functions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and write strategic and business plans, decision briefs, and other essential working and presentation documents.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze business processes, document workflow, and implement efficiencies to reduce costs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop cost modeling and analyze and interpret complex financial data.
- Ability to lead, think creatively, and to formulate and articulate ideas from concept through implementation.
E-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the position title in the e-mail subject line.
Please call the DGS HR Office at 410-767-4985 with questions about this position or the application process.