PROGRAM MANAGER SENIOR III
Deputy Chief Information Officer
|Department||DPSCS Information Technology & Communications Div|
|Date Opened||5/1/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/20/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$80,568.00 - $129,354.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jacob Rolon|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
This position is the Deputy Chief Information Officer and provides senior level management to the ITCD Directors. The position is responsible for the daily ongoing operation of ITCD that includes all information processing within ITCD, the successful completion of the information systems projects and for the budget and general administration of ITCD.
The Deputy Chief Information Officer responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following;
- Supports over 11,000 DPSCS employees
- Supports over 18,000 local law enforcement officers/personnel
- Infrastructure spans to over 100 locations across the State of Maryland
- Applicant is expected to work inside of Correctional and Pre-Trial Detention facilities
- Manages the ITCD Directors of the following groups: Public Safety Data Center, Application Development, Networking and Telecom; Administration and User Liaisons.
- Ensure the successful completion of the major ITCD IT initiatives by coordinating the interaction between the technical and project management personnel.
- Oversee the development and implementation of policies for the operation of information systems within the DPSCS and other agencies.
- Assist the CIO in providing strategic direction and planning for information technology and telecommunication for the DPSCS in support of its mission and business requirements.
- Other duties as assigned. The varying requests made to ITCD require flexibility in duties, priorities, scheduling, and resource allocation on a constant basis.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information System Management, Project Management, or similar technical degree.
- 10+ year experience as a leader/manager related to application development (MS Access is not acceptable), network design/support, and/or server/hardware design/support in an environment that supports a minimum of 100 users.
- Successfully managed a staff of at least 25 technical people (programmers, server/network technicians, program managers, etc).
- Experience writing technical requirements/Statements of Work for competitive procurements
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified
- Responsible for the Information Technology infrastructure that operates in a 24/7 environment.
- Experience writing technical requirements/Statements of Work for State of Maryland competitive procurements (RFIs, RFPs, TORFP/PORFPs)
- 10+ year experience as a leader/manager related to application development (MS Access is not acceptable), network design/support, and/or server/hardware design/support in an environment that supports a minimum of 1,000 users.
- Successfully managed a staff of at least 100 technical people (programmers, server/network technicians, program managers, etc).
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
Please make sure that you provide complete and accurate information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after the above closing date.
To submit your qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail your application by the closing date to:
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
ATTN: J. Rolon
300 East Joppa Road, Suite 1107
Towson, MD 21286
For more information, please call 410-339-3695
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.