CHILD AND ADOLESCENT MENTAL HEALTH ASSOCIATE II
|Department||MDH Spring Grove Hospital Center|
|Date Opened||8/5/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/19/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$30,307.00 - $38,768.00/year, with potential growth to $47,317.00|
|HR Analyst||Christina Francino|
Spring Grove Hospital Center is the largest psychiatric hospital operated by the State of Maryland, with 377 beds. We are located in Catonsville, previously named by Money Magazine as one of the best places to live! Convenient to DC, Baltimore and BWI airport, our 180-acre wooded campus feels more like a college setting. Our mission is to provide quality mental health services to patients from across the State. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive health benefits package, 11 paid holidays and 6 personal days annually, pension and retirement savings plans, training opportunities, free onsite parking and much more! Join our team and be a part of the change!
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH/Spring Grove Hospital Center
55 Wade Avenue
Catonsville, Maryland 21228
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to provide assistance to mental health professionals while providing therapeutic milieu intervention services to seriously ill children and adolescents at a State inpatient facility. This position receives moderate administrative supervision from a licensed health care professional and does not supervise. This position may provide guidance to other support staff on the unit. This position has been designated as Essential Emergency Personnel.
Education: Completion of 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 12 credit hours in mental health, health, human services, education or related behavioral sciences including six credit hours in psychology, counseling, addictions or mental health.
Experience: One year of experience providing counseling or other therapeutic mental health services to seriously mentally ill children or adolescents.
Notes: 1. A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with 30 credit hours in mental health, health, human services, education, or related behavioral sciences including six credit hours in psychology, counseling, addictions or mental health may be substituted for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Mental, Addictions or Behavioral Health Counseling and Psychology classifications or Mental, Addictions or Behavioral Health Counseling and Psychology specialty codes in the counseling field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete cardiopulmonary resuscitation training and maintain current certification.
3. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties in a swimming program. Employees assigned such duties may be required to obtain certification in Life Saving and Water Safety.
1. Persons appointed to positions in this classification must successfully complete in-service training program and examination approved by the hiring facility prior to a permanent appointment.
2. Applicants are subject to a background investigation by the Maryland State Police before a permanent appointment can be made. A criminal conviction record may be grounds for rejection of the applicant by the hiring agency.
3. Employees in this classification will be required to provide the facility with a telephone number at which they can be reached.
4. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
STATE OF MARYLAND BENEFITS
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.