SUMMER STUDENT WORKER
Aquatic Resources Education Internship
|Department||DNR - Watershed Services|
|Date Opened||2/25/2019 1:58:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/25/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||This is an unpaid internship.|
|HR Analyst||Crystal Wilson|
This internship will provide the selected participant opportunity to teach members of the public about the various aspects of fishing. The work will include instructing the general public about activities in the sport of fishing and preparing for public classes.
The program is part time (minimum of three days per week - generally Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, but may vary) between May and August. The specific start/end dates, hours, and schedule will be determined in collaboration between the intern and supervisor.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Intern duties include:
• Leading and/or assisting leaders of learn-to-fish programs for children ages 8-15 including basic fishing skills, knot tying, casting, safety, catch and release, fish identification, angler ethics, environmental responsibility and fishing regulations. These will be conducted as half-day programs held at a variety of locations around the state. Transportation will be provided.
• Assisting with fishing program preparation, such as organization of materials and maintaining equipment.
• Assisting education staff occasionally by helping to prepare materials for teacher workshops and other duties related to education programs.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
Education: High school diploma or possession of a high school equivalency certificate; or currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student.
GPA of 2.5 or above (if student is seeking credit).
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preferred fields of study: Environmental Science, Environmental Studies, Conservation, Education, Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation, Ecology, Aquatic Science, or similar fields of study.
Experience with youth outdoor activities and/or environmental programming.
Knowledge of fishing.
Additional documents are required for this recruitment along with your online application. Additional documents can be uploaded as an attachment under the Resume Tab of the online application. Please combine all supporting documents together as ONE attachment. Attach to your online application the following additional information:
- Resume and Cover Letter
- One Letter of Recommendation
- Unofficial Transcript (if student is seeking credit)
Inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Crystal Wilson at
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|