SUMMER STUDENT WORKER
Summer 2019 Internship
|Department||DNR - Natural Resource Police - General Direction|
|Date Opened||3/6/2019 11:57:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/20/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||This is an unpaid internship.|
|HR Analyst||Charles Hecker|
This internship will provide support to the Maryland Department of Natural Resources, Natural Resources Police - Boating Safety and Hunting Education Division. The intern will work to improve the unit's Boating Education programs.
The internship program runs 10-12 weeks between June and August. The specific start/end dates, hours, and schedule will be determined in collaboration between the intern and supervisor.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Intern duties include:
• Assist Boating Education Coordinator with the Boating Education Instructor program.
• Assist with the review of On-Line boating classes.
• Assist with the creation of boating safety education materials and help develop new curriculum for the Water Wise Program.
• Assist with developing programs for the hunting instructor application process as well as background checks.
• Create an on-line filing system for the hunter quarterly report.
• Additional duties as assigned.
Applicants must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student.
GPA of 2.5 or above (if student is seeking credit).
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Additional documents are required for this recruitment along with your online application. Additional documents can be uploaded as an attachment under the Resume Tab of the online application. Please combine all supporting documents together as ONE attachment. Attach to your online application the following additional information:
- One Letter of Recommendation
- Unofficial Transcript (if student is seeking credit)
Inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Chuck Hecker at
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.