|Department||LABOR Workforce Dev - Adult Corrections Program|
|Date Opened||6/11/2019 2:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/25/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$45,910.00 - $50,258.00/year|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Possession of appropriate educational credentials as determined by the Maryland State Board of Education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Applications will be considered in the following order of preference:
1. Candidates who possess current Trades and Industry Certification with MSDE that is directly related to Plumbing.
2. Candidates who possess a bachelor’s or higher degree in a state-approved career and technology program from an Institution of Higher Education and have a minimum of two (2) years of satisfactory occupational experience directly related to Plumbing (within ten (10) years and include one (1) year full-time employment).
3. Candidates who possess a bachelor’s or higher degree in industrial arts/technology education, industrial technology, or in the trade to be taught from an Institution of Higher Education and have a minimum of two (2) years of satisfactory occupational experience directly related to Plumbing (within ten (10) years and include one (1) year full time employment).
4. Candidates who possess an associate degree in the trade to be taught or a bachelor’s or higher degree from an Institution of Higher Education and have a minimum of three (3) years of satisfactory occupational experience directly related to Plumbing (within ten (10) years and includes (1) year full time employment).
5. Candidates who possess a secondary school diploma and a minimum of three (3) years of satisfactory occupational experience directly related to Plumbing within ten (10) years and including one (1) year full time employment.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Teachers in State operated school programs are required to acquire and maintain certification to teach in the State of Maryland per Section 6-101 of the Education Article of the Annotated Code and Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR) 13A.12.01.03B(2). Applicants recommended for appointment will be required to complete an Authorization and Verification of Credentials. Information on requirements for certification and procedures for application may be obtained from the Maryland State Board of Education, 200 W. Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201-2595.
Additional educational credits beyond the Advanced Professional Certificate must meet the following criteria established by the Institutional Educators Pay Plan Committee in order to qualify for application toward the APC plus 30 (60) levels:
Credits must be beyond the education level held at the time the educational requirements for the Advanced Professional Certificate were met and must either relate to the current job responsibilities or be part of an employer approved program of study. Credits mean semester hours from a regionally accredited college or university or Maryland State Department of Education approved workshops. No more than one half of any additional credits applied to these criteria may be earned through Maryland Department of Education approved workshops.
U.S. Military Veterans may qualify for additional bonus points towards certification. Any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing a U.S. Military form DD 214 verifying honorable discharge from service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview). Permanent State employees do not need to submit proof of Veterans’ status.
If you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
DLLR Office of Human Resources
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Rm. 101
Baltimore, MD 21201
email address: Stephanie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of DLLR that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please email the requested material. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Office Of Administration at 410-767-3500.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-3500 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.