IT FUNCTIONAL ANALYST II
|Department||DPSCS Police and Correctional Training Commissions|
|Date Opened||1/11/2019 1:15:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/25/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Erin Alston|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commissions
6852 4th Street
Sykesville, MD 21784
Main Purpose of Job
- Troubleshoot computer hardware and software problems.
- Troubleshoot classroom audio-visual equipment.
- Troubleshoot basic printer and wireless network devices.
- Assist end-users with hardware and software installations and configurations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Provide Training on the Features and Functionality of Software Applications:
- Conduct formal classroom training and one-on-one training for all DPSCS staff and client agencies on Microsoft software (i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook).
- Conduct formal classroom training and one-on-one training and analysis of specific technical needs of users following deployment of new hardware and/or software by DPSCS and/or PCTC's Technical Services Unit.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Human Resources Management, Information Technology or other related field with specific coursework in the structure and use of automated information systems.
Experience: One year of experience providing problem analysis and ongoing user support, coordinating system development and implementation, and training users on the functionality of applications for agency or statewide systems housed on desktop computers or large client server platforms.
1. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and two additional years of experience providing problem analysis and ongoing user support, coordinating system development and implementation, and training users on the functionality of applications for agency or statewide systems housed on desktop or large client server platforms may be substituted for the required education.
2. Experience responding to and resolving help desk calls from users of computers, or operating computer equipment for the purpose of data entry, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, database or other applications may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned or non-commissioned officer in the Cyber and Information Systems classifications or Cyber and Information specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
Selected candidate MUST successfully complete a background investigation.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date with the exception of a foreign degree evaluation (if applicable). Your application may be approved pending receipt of the evaluation. Successful candidates may be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. If online access is unavailable, you may submit a paper application to:
Department of Public Safety & Correctional Services
Human Resources Services Division
300 East Joppa Road, 10th Floor
Towson, MD 21286
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. Please do not submit unsolicited documentation (resumes, transcripts, cover letters, etc.).
Specific inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Erin Alston at firstname.lastname@example.org
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|