|Department||Maryland Emergency Management Agency|
|Date Opened||10/9/2019 11:59:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/24/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$52,687.00 - $68,529/year (with potential for growth up to $84,552.00/year)|
|HR Analyst||Kristi Metzger|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- This position is the lead in preparing all reports after compiling data from OOCC staff, stakeholders, and local and state partners
- Organize a series of multiple stakeholder meetings, conferences, workshops, and webinars in order to effectively ensure collaboration and coordination amongst stakeholders at the local, state, regional, and federal level
- Provide day-to-day clerical/administrative support functions to the OOCC staff
- Type and format documents, create and maintain spreadsheets and word documents, proofread reports to verify accuracy
- Develop charts, graphs, maps, infographics, and other visual resources for OOCC reports and publications
- Contact and coordinate with partners as needed to facilitate meeting coordination, including but not limited to sending out invitations, keeping track of meetings attendance, setting up speakers, drafting and distributing meeting agenda, setting up conference call lines, and arranging for any needed printed materials
- Work independently and/or with a team on special and nonrecurring and ongoing projects at the request of OOCC leadership and program staff, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, and organizing statewide events throughout the year
- Emergency and disaster response and recovery operations as needed and/or assigned by MEMA Executive Director, Directors, or Consequence Management personnel
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five years of experience in administrative staff or professional work. One year of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: the supervision of other employees, overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Experience with corporate and government event planning
- Experience designing graphs, charts, graphics and/or creative documents
- Demonstrated experience with written communications
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
RESUMES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED IN LIEU OF COMPLETING THE EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION.