ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST III
Maryland EXCELS Assistant
|Department||MSDE - Division of Early Childhood Development|
|Date Opened||8/30/2019 11:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/13/2019 11:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$36,312.00 - $57,214.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Marcia Cooper-stokes|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Performs a variety of clerical support tasks for the office: opens, reviews, dates, prioritizes, logs and disperses incoming mail according to established procedures; prepares and forwards items for outgoing mail, via normal postal services, interoffice mail, or facsimile; maintains Branch file; orders supplies and equipment by way of FMIS; prepares printing requests and purchase orders; acquires bids when necessary; places repair orders for office machines and equipment; reviews for accuracy expense reports submitted by branch staff and forwards to program manager or supervisor for signature; provides signed copy to branch staff after submitting for payment.
- Enters requisitions into FMIS, enters grants into NOGA system and follows up on sign-off. Maintains until mail log and a current, complete filing system; track all correspondence assigned to the unit for response. Follows up on assignments until finalized and distributed.
- Receives/screens incoming calls and visitors, determines nature of call or business of visitors, and directs calls/visitors to appropriate staff and take accurate messages to facilitate prompt, professional communication with the public and other agencies.
Education: Completion of 60 credit hours at an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years of experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute experience as defined above at the rate of one year experience for 30 credit hours of education for up to 60 credit hours of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university for the required education and experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer involving staff work requiring regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting rules and regulations in accordance with agency laws and policies on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Six (6) month experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word & Excel) and Google Documents
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Early Childhood experience
- Data and / or Time Management experience
- FMIS experience
- Notice of Grant Awards (NOGA) experience
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
Please do not put "See Resume" in the job duties section of your application; your application will be considered incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to Maryland State Department of Education, Office of Human Resources, Attention: Marcia Cooper-Stokes, 200 West Baltimore Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
Paper application materials must be received by the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-8950. Include the first and last name, recruitment 19-006118-0002 (Administrative Specialist III) and the last 4 digits of the SS#. Only solicited materials will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Maryland State Department of Education, Office of Human Resources at 410-767-0019.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request.
MD TTY Relay Service
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.