Assistant Director of Communications
|Department||MLGCA Administration and Operations|
|Date Opened||2/5/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/19/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$57,878.00 - $92,930.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Nathan Warfield|
LOCATION OF POSITION
1800 Washington Boulevard
Baltimore, MD 21230
Main Purpose of Job
This position duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage the Communication Division’s Public Affairs Team;
- Write articles, blog posts and press releases, talking points, briefings, quotes and more related to the business side of casino and gaming activities of the agency for dissemination to media;
- Manage the Agency’s responses to Public Information Act (PIA) requests;
- Work with the newsletter manager to produce retailer-focused and internal employee newsletters;
- Work with the media manager on website and social media issues and posts;
- Write, edit and proofread the Agency’s annual fiscal year review; and
- Work with news reporters to gather and provide information as requested.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Six years of experience in administrative staff or professional work. Two years of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: the supervision of other employees, overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education. 2
. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong business writing acumen
- Experience working with reporters and news organizations
- Excellent writing and editing skills
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
This is a Special Appointment position, and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
Resumes may be uploaded but will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application. Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and direct any inquiries to:
Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency
Attention: Nate Warfield, Director of Human Resources
1800 Washington Boulevard, Suite 330
Baltimore, MD 21230
Office: (410) 230-8764 or email: email@example.com
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.