MAINTENANCE CHIEF IV Non-Licensed
|Department||Maryland State Library|
|Date Opened||4/5/2019 4:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/19/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$39,857.00 - $63,240.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Irene Padilla|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Oversees the Comprehensive Building Management Contract and the Unarmed Security Guard Contract.
- Schedule and assign daily tasks to maintenance and housekeeping based on the urgency of need.
- Inspect completed repairs to ensure adequate completion.
- Participate in the preventative maintenance, repairs and installation of all agency equipment and its facilities.
- Responsible for preparing preventative and predictive maintenance schedules.
- Review monthly maintenance report submitted by the Building Maintenance Contractor.
- Keeps Director and Assistant Branch Chief of LBPH current and up to date with all pertinent matters concerning the maintenance and operation of the building.
- During evacuations, assists emergency response teams in assessing building condition, locating missing personnel, shutting off utilities, and delivering a status report to assembly point leaders.
- Implement programs to prevent injury to workers and damage to the environment.
- Inspect workplaces for adherence to regulations on safety, health, and the environment.
Education: Completion of eighth grade.
Experience: Five years experience in building maintenance or building construction trades including four years of responsibility for assigning, reviewing and approving the work of other building maintenance or building construction workers.
NOTE: Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher, as a non-commissioned officer in utilities classifications or mechanical maintenance management specialty codes in utility systems repair, on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to: Maryland State Library, Attn: Human Resources, 22 S. Calhoun Street, Baltimore, MD 21223.
Paper application materials must be received by the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment please contact the Maryland State Library at 667-219-4800.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@Maryland.gov.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our county.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply