Parole and Probation Training Unit Manager
|Department||DPSCS Police and Correctional Training Commissions|
|Date Opened||5/13/2019 3:20:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/27/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$54,529.00 - $87,546.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Kimberly Hare|
This is a SPECIAL APPOINTMENT position with the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services. The incumbent serves at the pleasure of the appointing authority.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commissions
6852 4th Street
Sykesville, Maryland 21784
Main Purpose of Job
Some of the duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
1) Coordination and oversight of entry level and in-service training for all State of Maryland community supervision agencies to meet pre-service and annual in-service requirements.
2) Provide direct supervision of the parole and probation training staff to include but not limited to approving time, performance evaluations, scheduling meetings and work schedules, coordination of all community supervision agency training activities to facilitate the sharing of training resources among all correctional training and community supervision agencies.
3) Coordinate with regional supervisors, administrators, field services to ensure training needs of parole and probation supervision staff are being met.
4) Attends, participates and contributes in meaningful ways to regular on-going Correctional Training Unit Management meetings by providing feedback, suggestions and sharing Division of Parole and Probation issues.
5) Represents the Director of Correctional Training, Assistant Director of Correctional Training and other administrators at meetings and public events as needed.
6) Performs other job duties as needed.
Education: A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five years of experience in administrative staff or professional work in the field of public safety and/or corrections. Two years of this experience must have been in a supervisor capacity.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Experience: Three years of experience working in a public safety training environment.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after the above closing date.
All persons who meet the minimum qualifications will be approved on the certification list and will be placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
To submit qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail the Maryland State Application (paper) by the closing date to:
Department of Public Safety & Correctional Services
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
Recruitment Number 19-007735-0002
300 E. Joppa Road, Suite 1000
Towson, MD 21286
For more information, please call 410-339-4210.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|