Driver Training Administrator
|Department||DPSCS Police and Correctional Training Commissions|
|Date Opened||2/11/2019 2:45:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/25/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$50,897.00 - $81,680.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Erin Alston|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commissions
6852 4th Street
Sykesville, MD 21784
Main Purpose of Job
- Direct the operations of the PSETC Driver Training Facility, including the safe and efficient operation of all facility components, ensuring that conducted training is in compliance with the Police and Correctional Training Commissions regulations, and to ensure that all Maryland Police and Correctional officers have the availability of conducting/receiving training at the facility.
- Provide supervision of subordinate staff.
- Supervise and manage contractual agreements; for the purpose of client agencies using the facility and arranging for contractual instructor services.
- Direct on-going research to ensure state-of-the-art driver training programs, including strategies and tactics presented within vehicle operations training events.
- Manage the record keeping of statistical data related to completed training.
- Manage and implement processes to ensure EVO instructor certification and training program approvals are current for instructional delivery.
- Maintain an ongoing inventory of 2-way radios and scanners stored at the Facility.
- Responsible for Facility scheduling for EVO users at DTF; maintain working schedule of the facility, directing client agencies to areas assigned.
- Instruct basic entrance level EVO classes, EVO instructor schools, special vehicle classes and other special programs.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five years of experience coordinating public safety programs, to include the development, delivery & general classroom instruction in a Public Safety training environment. Three years of experience must be in the delivery the delivery & instruction of an emergency vehicle operations program. One year of this experience must have involved the supervision of a public safety training facility operational unit.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year to year basis for the required general experience.
Applicants must meet this selective qualification to be considered. Applicants must be detailed in describing the nature of their training/instructional work experience.
A currently valid, or valid within the past two years, Academic Instructor Certification AND Emergency Vehicle Operations Instructor Certification.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application to:
Department of Public Safety & Correctional Services
Human Resources Services Division
300 East Joppa Road, 10th Floor
Towson, MD 21286
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. Please do not submit unsolicited documentation (resumes, cover letters, etc.).
Specific inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Erin Alston at firstname.lastname@example.org
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|