|Department||MDH Western Maryland Center|
|Date Opened||3/23/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/6/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,464.00 - $53,451.00/year, with potential growth to $65,790.00|
|HR Analyst||DeJoie Frierson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
This position provides direct nursing care to patients/residents under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse; may perform certain nursing functions when delegated by the registered nurse.
Duties assigned to this position include, but are not limited to the following:
providing direct patient care under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse
observing and documenting patient behavior and change in treatment needs
taking and recording patient vital signs
obtaining specimens for laboratory examination
performing other related duties
Education: Graduation from an approved school of Registered Nursing.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must be approved by the State Board of Nursing to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination - Registered Nurse (NCLEX - RN) for the first time, or currently be awaiting receipt of first examination results.
2. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete training and maintain current certification of cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
3.Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland, and their driving records will be subject to investigation.
1. Appointees in this classification must, within a six month period, take and pass on first examination the NCLEX Registered Nursing Examination. Appointees not meeting this requirement will not be retained in these positions.
2. Applicants for this classification may be given a medical examination prior to appointment to determine their ability to perform the work of the position.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to provide the facility with a telephone number at which they can be reached.
4. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 06.01.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.