FINANCIAL DEPOSITORY EXAMINER TRAINEE
|Department||LABOR - Financial Regulation|
|Date Opened||3/16/2020 08:50:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/30/2020 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,464.00 - $53,451.00/year with potential growth up to $65,790.00|
|HR Analyst||Tenisha Tunstall|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Prepares schedules and work papers detailing the financial institution's balance sheets, income and expense statements, and cash flows for various interim periods to assess the financial condition of the institution.
- Evaluate various investment instruments, book and market values, cash flows interest rate rick, restrictions and acceptability of investments.
- Be trained on quarter Off-Site Bank Monitoring reviews and for assigned institutions. Examiners are assigned banks after attending Introduction to Examinations School.
- Completes formal training by attending assigned schools, training courses, classes, and self-study programs with a passing/satisfactory rating.
- May be assigned special projects by the Commissioner and/or Deputy Commissioner Agency-wide, which may not be limited to the Depository Supervision Unit. Special projects assigned may be annual, seasonal, and/or as directed.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by a total of 24 credit hours in business administration, finance, economics, law or accounting. These credit hours must include a minimum of 6 credit hours in either accounting or auditing.
1. Applicants may substitute additional experience in examining the accounts, records and business practices of depository financial institutions or managerial or professional accounting or auditing work on a year for year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in logistics specialist classifications or administrative support specialty codes in the financial management or auditing fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications :
Experience or knowledge of Loan writing and credit administration
Trust activities and wealth management as well as trust operations experience and/or knowledge
Information Technology, cybersecurity and management information systems experience
Knowledge and/or experience in Regulatory depository examination
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be required to attend advanced formal training classes. The purpose of this training is to maintain professional, job specific proficiency and current knowledge. Some training classes are out-of-State and may require overnight stays.
All candidates are subject to a background check against files maintained by the Division of Unemployment Insurance (Department of Labor/DUI) to determine whether any monies are owed to Department of Labor/DUI as a result of unemployment overpayment/fraud. Any unpaid debt may have an impact on whether or not a candidate is offered employment.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
RESUMES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AND NOT CONSIDERED IN THE SELECTION PROCESS.
All information concerning the qualifications, including any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certificate, etc.) must be submitted and received by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be considered.
For positions that require Bachelor/Master Degree etc:
Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This evaluation must be submitted prior to hire. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
The examination for this recruitment will be an evaluation and rating of the information provided on your application. Therefore, it is essential that the application is filled out completely and accurately, listing all relevant education and experience, addressing the specific qualifications shown above and submitting any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certification, license, etc.). Please include clear, detailed and specific information on your application regarding experience qualifications related to the minimum qualifications, desired, and/or selective qualifications of the position.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. However, if you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Department of Labor Office of Administration
Attn: Tenisha Tunstall 20-000227-0001
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Rm. 101
Baltimore, MD 21201
For additional information, please contact Tenisha Tunstall at 410-767-2772 or via email Tenisha.Tunstall2@maryland.gov.
The MD State Application Form can be found online
Department of Labor is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Department of Labor that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.