FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER I
|Department||Department of Human Services|
|Date Opened||6/2/2020 09:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/5/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$29,131.00 - $37,197.00 with potential growth to $45,345.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Cynthia McMillian|
This Statewide recruitment is reopened to allow additional candidates to apply and establish a list of eligible candidates to be used to fill current and future vacancies occurring in our Local Department of Social Services throughout the State.
Applicants who previously applied and did not meet the minimum qualifications, please contact the HR Analyst for assistance to reapply.
Applicants who previously applied and were approved for this recruitment, please do not reapply. Your name will remain on the eligible list and your expiration date has been extended.
Placement on this list is not a guarantee that you will be offered an interview for any given vacancy.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience providing support services to children or adults through teaching and demonstrating practical living skills in order to promote and maintain independent living or assist in preserving the family structure.
1. Candidates may substitute experience as defined above or experience in child or adult care giving, on a year-for-year basis, for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute nine credit hours from an accredited college or university in a human service program or human development program such as child development, sociology, social work, psychology, counseling, nursing, criminology, juvenile justice, human growth and development, human services, or mental health for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Social Services classifications or Social Services specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology, and Welfare field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Certified Nursing Assistant License or a Geriatric Nursing Assistant License.
Six months of experience in goal planning.
Six months of experience working with vulnerable children or adults.
Six months of experience using Microsoft Office or Gmail.
Six months of experience with transporting or assisting clients in obtaining transportation to medical appointments or community centers.
Six months of experience explaining information to internal or external customers.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees appointed to positions in this classification may be assigned duties that require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Some positions in this classification may be assigned duties that require the employees to acquire and maintain a license as a Certified Nursing Assistant or a Geriatric Nursing Assistant from the Maryland Board of Nursing at 4201 Patterson Avenue Baltimore, Maryland 21215. Information may be obtained at www.mbon.org/main.php. Obtaining this license within a specified time may be a condition of appointment or probation for these types of positions.
1. Employees in this classification who work with families with dependent children must successfully complete an approved entry-level training program before permanent appointment to positions.
2. Employees in this classification may be required to have access to and use their personal automobile in order to transport clients. Verification of appropriate vehicle insurance, which shall include coverage for transporting clients, must be provided to the department prior to performance of transport duties. Standard mileage allowance will be paid for the use of a privately owned vehicle.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplement questionnaire to: Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 137, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by 5 p.m on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please email requested information only to email@example.com. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you have any questions concerning this recruitment process for this position, please contact 410-767-7199.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|