AGRICULTURAL RESOURCE CONSERVATION SPECIALIST III
CONSERVATION GRANTS PROGRAM - SALISBURY OFFICE
|Department||MDA Resource Cnsrv - Resource Conversation Grants|
|Date Opened||2/10/2020 10:45:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/2/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$43,669.00 - $69,505.00/year (Note: Effective July 1, 2020: $46,477 - $74,191/year)|
|HR Analyst||Mary Darling|
This position is open to all qualified candidates.
15 (Note: Effective July 1, 2020, the grade level for this classification will increase to 16.)
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of Agriculture Conservation Grants Program, Eastern Shore Regional Office ~ Salisbury, Maryland
Main Purpose of Job
This position is responsible to assist in the overall implementation and management of the Maryland Agricultural Water Quality Cost-Share Programs (MACS), including special programs such as the cover crop program.
Reviews and determines eligibility of farmer's applications for Cover Crop and MACS Capital Programs. Utilizing available handbooks, examines agreement and payment claim files for completeness and sufficient legal documentation. Assembles grant agreement and Claim for Payment packages, and arranges weekly mailings. Deals tactfully and responsively, primarily by phone, with farmers and local, state and federal employees.
Provides guidance to Soil Conservation Districts, monitors grantee compliance with Cost Share Program requirements, and makes weekly, and sometimes daily, contacts to the SCDs regarding incomplete files or missing or inaccurate information. Prepares written replies to correspondence, and transfers files to the Annapolis Office as required.
Explains Program requirements, procedures, and accomplishments to Soil Conservation Districts, farmers, various interest groups and other government entities. Attends regional and statewide meetings.
This position is also responsible for computer and file management of projects, making recommendations regarding policies, conducting studies and analyses of program activity, and preparing statistical tables, charts and reports.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in natural resources, agriculture or a related field.
Experience: Two years of experience in planning, engineering or program administration work related to soil conservation or water quality.
1. A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in urban or regional planning, engineering, physical geography, or the physical, chemical, and biological sciences, including 3 credit hours in soils, and one year of experience in soil and water conservation work may be substituted for the required education.
2. A Master's degree from an accredited college or university in natural resources, agriculture or a related field may be substituted for the required education and one year of the required experience.
3. An Associate of Arts degree from an accredited college or university in natural resources, agriculture or a related field and one year of experience in soil and water conservation work may be substituted for the required education.
4. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and two additional years of experience in soil and water conservation may be substituted for the required education.
5. Candidates may substitute planning, engineering or program administration experience in a soil conservation, water quality protection or related agricultural or natural resource program on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
6. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in natural resources management and biological science classification or natural resources management and biological science specialty codes in the soil conservation field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. Nutrient Management Certification
2. Experience administering conservation cost share programs.
3. Experience planning or implementing Best Management Practices (BMP)
4. Experience preparing or reviewing grant applications.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to: Maryland Department of Agriculture Human Resource Office, Room 304, 50 Harry S. Truman Parkway Annapolis, MD 21401. If you are submitting additional information, such as diplomas or transcripts, the preferred method is to upload them online with your application. If you are unable to upload, you may mail, hand-deliver or fax (HR Fax # 443-602-9831). All paper applications must be received by 4:30 PM on the closing date, no exceptions. (Postmarks not accepted.)
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
For questions concerning this recruitment, please contact: Mary Darling at 410-841-5847 or email@example.com
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|