AGRICULTURAL RESOURCE CONSERVATION SPECIALIST III
WATERSHED IMPLEMENTATION PROGRAM - FREDERICK & BALTIMORE COUNTIES
|Department||MDA Resource Cnsrv - Watershed|
|Date Opened||2/10/2020 11:10:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/2/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$43,669.00 - $69,505.00/year (NOTE: Effective July 1, 2020: $46,477 - $74,191)|
|HR Analyst||Mary Darling|
This position is open to all qualified applicants.
15 (NOTE: Effective July 1, 2020, the grade level of this classification will increase to 16.)
LOCATION OF POSITION
We are recruiting to fill two positions within the Maryland Department of Agriculture Resource Conservation Watershed Implementation Program.
One vacancy exists in Cockeysville Maryland
One vacancy exists in Frederick, Maryland
Main Purpose of Job
This position provides technical assistance to both the Maryland Certainty and Ecosystem Markets Programs in evaluating agricultural operations for program eligibility and compliance. In addition, this position assists the Watershed Implementation Program by inventorying and evaluating Best Management Practice implementation as a result of program participation. This position also performs quality assurance audits as part of the Soil Conservation District Quality Assurance Review process.
Assess agricultural operations for eligibility and compliance with the Maryland Certainty Program and Ecosystem Markets Program.
Inventory and evaluate Best Management Practice implementation on operations enrolled in the program.
Perform Quality Assurance reviews on conservation measures implemented and reported through Conservation Tracker.
This position requires a high level of professionalism during contact and interaction with farmers, and confidentiality of information gathered.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in natural resources, agriculture or a related field.
Experience: Two years of experience in planning, engineering or program administration work related to soil conservation or water quality.
1. A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in urban or regional planning, engineering, physical geography, or the physical, chemical, and biological sciences, including 3 credit hours in soils, and one year of experience in soil and water conservation work may be substituted for the required education.
2. A Master's degree from an accredited college or university in natural resources, agriculture or a related field may be substituted for the required education and one year of the required experience.
3. An Associate of Arts degree from an accredited college or university in natural resources, agriculture or a related field and one year of experience in soil and water conservation work may be substituted for the required education.
4. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and two additional years of experience in soil and water conservation may be substituted for the required education.
5. Candidates may substitute planning, engineering or program administration experience in a soil conservation, water quality protection or related agricultural or natural resource program on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
6. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in natural resources management and biological science classification or natural resources management and biological science specialty codes in the soil conservation field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. Nutrient Management Certification
2. Experience developing plans for or implementation of Best Management Practices (BMP's)
3. Experience identifying use of Best Management Practices (BMP's) in urban or agricultural operations.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to: Maryland Department of Agriculture Human Resource Office, Room 304, 50 Harry S. Truman Parkway Annapolis, MD 21401. If you are submitting additional information, such as diplomas or transcripts, the preferred method is to upload them online with your application. If you are unable to upload, you may mail, hand-deliver or fax (HR Fax # 443-602-9831). All paper applications must be received by 4:30 PM on the closing date, no exceptions. (Postmarks not accepted.)
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
For questions concerning this recruitment, please contact: Mary Darling at 410-841-5847 or email@example.com
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|