PAROLE AND PROBATION AGENT I
|Department||DPSCS DPP Central Region|
|Date Opened||3/26/2020 10:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/10/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$38,601.00 - $61,038.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Emily Eubanks|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with 30 credits in the social, behavioral or correctional sciences.
In order to meet this educational requirement, an unofficial copy of your transcript must accompany your application or the coursework must be listed on your application under specialized training or classes relevant to the job section.
1. Candidates may substitute one year of specialized experience counseling, investigating or supervising persons on parole or probation for the 30 semester credit hours in the social, behavioral or correctional sciences.
2. Candidates may substitute graduate level education at an accredited college or university in the social, behavioral or correctional sciences for one year of the required experience at a rate of 30 credits for one year of experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- A Degree in Criminal Justice, Psychology, Sociology or Social Work
- Experience or coursework in counseling
- Experience using Microsoft Excel
- Teleworking maybe required for these positions.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in 24 hours a day and, therefore, will be required to provide a telephone number at which they can be reached.
2. Candidates must meet all selection standards as set forth in the Code of Maryland Regulations by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission. Candidates who receive a probationary appointment must satisfactorily complete a prescribed training program prior to permanent appointment. Selection standards of the Correctional Training Commission may be obtained from the Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, Suite 309, 6776 Reisterstown Road, Baltimore Maryland 21215.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, HRSD-Recruitment & Examination at 410-339-6500, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
If you are having difficulties with submitting your online application, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|