CHILD CARE LICENSING REGIONAL MANAGER MSDE
|Department||MSDE - Division of Early Childhood Development|
|Date Opened||1/11/2021 07:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/25/2021 07:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$56,727.00 - $91,075.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Marcia Cooper-stokes|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Ensures that appropriate business processes are used in the licensure of child care centers, the registration of family day care homes, the issuance of Letters of Compliance to certain religious programs, and the approval of nonpublic nursery schools, by reviewing and analyzing automated systems’ data (CCATS and ELIS) and making final approvals of all regional office regulatory activity.
- Recommends enforcement actions relative to non-compliant child care providers and the employability of facility staff to protect the health, safety, and welfare of children in out-of-home care in accordance with COMAR 13A.15, 13A.16, and 13A.17.Supervises and evaluates performance of subordinates in order to positively communicate information to employee for ongoing performance management purposes by conducting staff meetings, reviewing Child Care Administrative Tracking System (CCATS) and Electronic Licensing Inspection System (ELIS) reports and using Performance Evaluation Plan to evaluate standards and forms.
- Develops and implements procedures, as needed, for interagency collaboration with Local Government, Fire, Department of Social Services (DSS), MD Department of Health (MDH), Child Protective Services (CPS) , etc., to ensure compliance with other agencies’ regulatory requirements relative to the licensing/registration of child care facilities and approval of nursery schools.
- Advocates for quality child care within the community by working with, legislator’s community leaders, and organizations on child care issues and developing plans for interaction to the mutual benefit of associated programs. Represents the Office of Child Care at meetings with legislators, the public, private agency officials and community groups
- Develops and conduct Roundtables for child care centers and family day care providers designed to keep them informed of current regulatory policies and procedures and other pertinent information to enhance the ability and capability of center staff and family providers to effectively meet the needs of children being served.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in child development, education, social work or psychology from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five years of experience inspecting, licensing and monitoring child care centers, family day care homes and non-public nursery schools.
1. An Associate of Arts degree in early childhood development, teacher education, sociology or psychology and two years work experience inspecting, licensing and monitoring child care centers, family day care homes and non-public nursery schools may be substituted for the required education.
2. Applicants may substitute graduate education in a Child Development curriculum at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 credit hours per year for up to two years of the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) & Google Document
- Experience Management Experience
- Experience Applying Laws, Regulations, Rules, Policy and Procedures
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
The online application process is preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to:
Maryland State Department of Education
Office of Human Resources C/o Marcia Cooper-Stokes
200 West Baltimore Street Baltimore, Maryland 21201
If you have difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. If you need to submit additional information, the preferred method is to upload your document(s) by electronic means with the submission of your application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-333-8950 (providing a cover sheet with the following: each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, Recruitment Number, and the last 4 digits of your SS# and indicate application Child Care Licensing Regional Manager- [JobAps#: 20-000905-0001). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.