AGENCY BUDGET SPECIALIST II
|Department||MDE - Water and Science Administration (WSA)|
|Date Opened||3/26/2020 2:15:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/10/2020 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,106 - $56,982 w/progression to $70,201 State Salary Guidelines apply to State employees.|
|HR Analyst||Olivia Finley|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of the Environment
Water and Science Administration
Operational Services and Administration
1800 Washington Blvd.
Baltimore, MD 21230
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to provide all aspects of the Water and Science Administration financial and administrative operations. The incumbent in this position will be responsible for budget preparation, fund management, reconciliation and adjustment, accounts payable and accounts receivable, procurement, and contract management. In addition, the incumbent will perform tasks that support the Federal Funds management task including the management of various grants and coordination of Minority Business Enterprise (MBE),and the Woman Business Enterprise (WBE) reporting efforts. The incumbent may perform duties associated with encumbrance tracking and SOP implementation.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Three years of experience in budget preparation, presentation and execution.
1. Candidates may substitute graduate education in accounting, business administration, economics, finance, political science or public administration at a rate of 30 semester hours for one year of required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute additional experience as defined above on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Budget Officer classifications or Financial Management specialty codes in the Budgeting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
It is preferred that the selected candidate has the following:
- Knowledge of the State of Maryland Financial Management Information System such as ADPICS and R*Stars;
- Experience managing federal awards, monitoring budget/expenditures;
- Ability to manage, coordinate, and prioritize multiple tasks and complex reporting assignments to meet State and Federal deadlines;
- Must be proficient in Excel;
- Customer service experience interacting with internal and external customers in an office setting.
Your application is part of the examination process. The assessment will be a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of this position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate educational and employment information on your application.
Education credentials and experience verification will be completed by the Appointing Authority. Please note that you will be required by the appointing agency to provide proof upon hire of all certifications, licenses, educational and work experiences. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act. You must be legally authorized and possess any necessary documents under this Act in order to be hired in the position for which you apply. For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the state application. If you are unable to apply online or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation you may submit a paper application, required documentation, transcripts and addendums via fax 410-537-3966, email: Olivia.email@example.com or mail to:
Office of Human Resources
Recruitment & Examination Division
Reference Number: 20-000987-0007
1800 Washington Blvd. Baltimore, MD 21230
The MD State Application Form can be found online.
PLEASE NOTE: The Maryland Department of the Environment participates in the E-Verify Program.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|