GIS Analyst Lead/Advanced
|Department||DNR - Fisheries Service|
|Date Opened||10/9/2020 12:55:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/23/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$53,214.00 - $85,398.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Crystal Wilson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university including 30 credit hours in Geography, Geographic Information Systems, Economics, Environmental Science, Environmental Studies, Planning, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, or Information Technology.
Experience: Three years of experience in geospatial analysis.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university accompanied by a Geographic Information Systems Professional Certificate (GISP) from The GIS Certification Institute for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in the specified educational fields for one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of an additional Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in the specified educational fields for one additional year of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Doctorate degree from an accredited college or university in the specified educational fields for two years of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Logistics, Architect, Geospatial Intelligence Analyst, or Cryptologic classifications or Logistics, Architect specialty codes in the Architect field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
Applicants must meet the minimum and selective qualifications to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
One year of experience and proficiency using ArcGIS software in developing and maintaining spatial databases and maps is required.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualifications. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. Experience with federal, state, and/or local government geospatial data resources and cloud based platforms.
3. Five years of experience with SQL or Oracle spatial databases.
4. Experience working with habitat, fish or wildlife data.
5. Experience with ESRI products including ArcCollector, Survey 1, 2, 3, and Drone2Map.
Please make sure you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates may be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Natural Resources, Human Resources, 580 Taylor Avenue, C-3 Annapolis, MD 21401.
The Human Resources unit is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
Inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Crystal Wilson at email@example.com.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.