OFFICE SECRETARY III
|Department||PSC General Administration and Hearings|
|Date Opened||1/16/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/30/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$32,498.00 - $50,881.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Tenea Allen|
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
1. Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Customer service experience
- Proficient in using a multi-line telephone system
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to multi-task with multiple deadlines
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.