OFFICE SECRETARY III
|Department||DPSCS-Maryland Correctional Training Center|
|Date Opened||3/26/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/9/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$32,176.00 - $50,377.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jordan McNeil|
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Uses standard word processing and spreadsheet software and peripheral, equipment to perform general administrative functions, which may include producing correspondence that responds to inquiries with a standard business letter, independently preparing reports and tables, editing drafts or corrected copies for grammar, punctuation and spelling errors, arranging meetings and conferences or developing or revising office procedures.
- Distributes finalized documents, sometimes without prior supervisory review.
- Coordinates the collection of data for the preparation of performance reports for each unit.
- Assembles and completes a variety of reports, posts information to records and logs and maintains established files.
- Responds to inquiries from telephone callers and visitors, redirecting calls or providing information, which may require a detailed knowledge of the unit's functions and interpretation of various rules, regulations and procedures.
- Maintains supervisors' calendars, schedules appointments as directed and arranges travel schedules as necessary; attends meetings to record minutes or to represent the supervisor. -Sorts, opens and distributes mail directed to units.
- Requisitions and distributes supplies.
- Maintains office equipment by making minor adjustments and service calls.
- Performs other duties as required, to include testing and assisting HQ staff with OCMS SAT module and specialized projects.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Three years performing secretarial or clerical work involving typing duties.
Notes:1. Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
To submit your qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.