OFFICE SERVICES CLERK
|Department||DAT Real Property Valuation|
|Date Opened||2/10/2020 3:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/24/2020 4:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$28,559.00 - $44,455.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Evelyn Powell|
This is a position Specific Recruitment for the State Department of Assessments and Taxation, Real Property Division, Howard County Assessments Office. The resulting eligible list will be used for this position only. Interested persons will need to reapply for future recruitments in this classification.
LOCATION OF POSITION
The main purpose of this position is to perform various clerical functions in an assessment office which include, but are not limited to, reviewing, verifying and interpreting information for determining and resolving problems.Interacts with the general public both in person and by phone to respond to issues related to the assessment process, property values, general office procedures, personal property and homeowner’s tax credit.
- Inputs a variety of data to the mainframe to update and maintain real property files.
- Determines if input data is correct in accordance with policies and procedures before entering it.
- Creates new accounts, determines if legal descriptions are correct and adjusts parent accounts to reflect new legal descriptions for split transfers, combination of accounts and plats by following established office procedures.
- Types and sends a variety of forms, letters and reports in accordance with established office procedures. Reviews, verifies, interprets and receives deeds and legal documents for changes of ownership and property description.
- Determines from the deeds whether the correct property is being transferred by matching the legal description on the mainframe with legal description in the deed.
- Determines from the deed if the transfer is a whole transfer or a split account.
- Files various materials to organized and retain assessment documents in accordance with established office procedures.
- Performs other duties as may be required.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience performing clerical duties.
1. Additional experience performing clerical duties may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Applicants may substitute education from an accredited college or university at the rate of thirty semester credit hours for one year of experience on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3. Six months clerical training with three courses in subjects such as keyboarding, clerical math, word processing, spreadsheets, database, graphics presentation, proofreading, or office etiquette may be substituted for six months of the requires experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administrative classifications or in Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Clerical Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Experience using Microsoft Office and entering data into a database system.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application (and on separate pages, if necessary) to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
***Please complete the Supplemental Questionnaire***
All information stated in the supplemental questionnaire must be documented within the application to receive credit. The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If online access is not available, you may submit a paper application and resume to: Department of Assessment and Taxation Attn: Human Resources Department, Room 511 300 W. Preston Street Baltimore, MD 21201.
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 410-767-1140.
**Applications must be received no later than the close of business of the closing date.**
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|