OFFICE SERVICES CLERK
|Department||MSP - Support Services Bureau|
|Date Opened||2/13/2020 11:59:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/27/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$28,559.00 - $44,455.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Robert Tanner|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland State Police
7745 Washington Boulevard
Jessup, MD 20794
The main purpose of this position is to receive supply requisitions statewide and enter them into the Financial Management System at the Maryland State Police, Quartermaster Division. This is a critical position with duties that must be completed on a daily basis to ensure the appropriate accountability and delivery of supplies to Maryland State Police installations statewide.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience performing clerical duties.
1. Additional experience performing clerical duties may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Applicants may substitute education from an accredited college or university at the rate of thirty semester credit hours for one year of experience on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3. Six months clerical training with three courses in subjects such as keyboarding, clerical math, word processing, spreadsheets, database, graphics presentation, proofreading, or office etiquette may be substituted for six months of the requires experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administrative classifications or in Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Clerical Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. Experience utilizing the Financial Management Information System (FMIS).
2. Data entry experience accurately entering large amounts of data on a daily basis.
Applicants for this position will be subject to a complete criminal background investigation to include a polygraph examination before permanent appointment can be made. A criminal conviction may be grounds for rejection of the candidate.
Only candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be considered for this classification. It is, therefore, essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Successful candidates will be placed on the eligible list in the BEST, BETTER or QUALIFIED category. The list will be used by the hiring manager to select the individual to fill the vacancy. The list will be valid for one year.
NOTE: Currently, applicants are limited to uploading one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those applying upload ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts, resumes, etc.) as one file.
If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application via mail. The Maryland State Application Form can be found online. Completed applications, required documentation and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Maryland State Police
Human Resources Division
ATTN: R. Bruce Tanner
1201 Reisterstown Road
Pikesville, MD 21208
Questions or concerns regarding this recruitment may be sent to the following e-mail address: Robert.firstname.lastname@example.org
It is the policy of the Maryland State Police to comply with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination and to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status.