|Department||DAT Real Property Valuation|
|Date Opened||2/6/2020 2:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/20/2020 4:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$34,516.00 - $54,195.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Evelyn Powell|
This is a position Specific Recruitment for the State Department of Assessments and Taxation, Real Property Division, Montgomery Assessments Office. The resulting eligible list will be used for this position only. Interested persons will need to reapply for future recruitments in this classification.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Assessments and Taxation for Montgomery County
- Supervises activities of clerical staff, by establishing goals, coordinating work priorities and evaluating subordinate employees by regularly monitoring work flow to ensure the timely and accurate completion of office assignments. Develops, recommends and implements modifications of clerical operations and procedures to improve efficiency.
- Trains and instructs subordinate staff on job duties and office policies to ensure compliance with departmental procedures and state regulation and policies by distributing written materials, conducting staff meetings and providing on the job training.
- Responds to inquiries from attorneys, appeal representatives, government officials, other agencies, and the general public to resolve problems related to the assessment process.
- Compiles statistics for AIMS reports. Following established departmental procedures, maintains the assessable base and reconciles it with the office of the Comptroller. Use computer software application to design, edit or format reports, graphs and charts.
- Approves leave and signs time reports.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Four years of experience performing clerical duties.
1. Additional experience performing clerical duties may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Applicants may substitute education from an accredited college or university at the rate of thirty semester credit hours for one year of experience on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3.Six months clerical training with three courses in subjects such as keyboarding, clerical math, word processing, spreadsheets, database, graphics presentation, proofreading, or office etiquette may be substituted for six months of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical or Office Services specialty codes in the Administrative Support field of work on a year-for year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application (and on separate pages, if necessary) to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
Please read the job announcement in its entirety before applying for this recruitment. Applicants must meet all minimum qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position.
**The supplemental questions will be used as part of the rating process.**
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application. Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If online access is not available, you may submit a paper application and resume to:
Department of Assessments and Taxation Attn: Human Resources Department Room 511, 300 W. Preston Street, Baltimore, MD 21201.
Applications must be received by the closing date. If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 410-767-1140.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.