Election Program Supervisor I
|Department||SBE General Administration|
|Date Opened||11/20/2020 12:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/4/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,106.00 - $74,933.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Shermaine Malcolm|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience applying election laws, rules and procedures in a local election office.
1. Candidates may substitute one year of specialized clerical experience for each six months of the required experience applying election laws, rules and procedures in a local election office. Specialized clerical experience is defined as work in an office which requires reviewing, verifying and interpreting information in order to make determinations and resolve work problems in accordance with policies, regulations, guidelines and procedures.
2. Candidates may substitute two years of general clerical experience for each six months of the required experience applying election laws, rules and procedures in a local election. General clerical experience is defined as work performing a variety of clerical duties which are clear-cut and typically found in office settings, such as filing, copying, posting data and directing telephone calls.
3. Candidates may substitute thirty credit hours from an accredited college or university for one year of experience, for up to two years of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute additional experience applying election laws, rules and procedures in a local election office, on a year-for-year basis, for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification are required to be registered voters in the State of Maryland in accordance with the Election Law Article, Section 2-207(d), Annotated Code of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification may not hold or be a candidate for any elective public or political party office or any other office created under the Constitution or laws of this State in accordance with the Election Law Article, Section 2-301(b).
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: The State Board of Elections, 151 W. St., Suite 200, Annapolis, MD 21401. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact SBE's HR Division at 410-269-2866.
MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|