ELECTION ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II
|Department||SBE General Administration|
|Date Opened||5/22/2020 08:52:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/5/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$32,498.00 - $50,881.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christina Lohr|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience applying election laws, rules and procedures in a local board of election office.
1. Specialized clerical experience may substitute for the required experience applying election laws, rules and procedures in a local election office at the rate of one year for each six months of the required election office experience. Specialized clerical experience is defined as work in an office which requires reviewing, verifying and interpreting information in order to make determinations and resolve work problems in accordance with policies, regulations, guidelines and procedures.
2. General clerical experience may substitute for the required experience applying election laws, rules and procedures in a local election office at the rate of two years for each six months of the required election office experience. General clerical experience is defined as work performing a variety of clerical duties which are clear-cut and typically found in office settings, such as filing, copying, posting data and directing telephone calls.
3. College courses from an accredited college or university may be substituted for the required experience at the rate of 30 credit hours for one year of experience.
4. Additional experience applying election laws, rules and procedures in a local election office may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Experience working with computers
- Experience working in an election office.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment.
- Experience working with MDVOTERS.
- Experience working with Smartsheets.
- Experience with data reporting.
1. Employees in this classification are required to be registered voters in the State of Maryland in accordance with the Election Law Article, Section 2-207(d).
2. Employees in this classification may not hold or be a candidate for any elective public or political party office or any other office created under the Constitution or laws of this State in accordance with the Election Law Article, Section 2-301(b).
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.