ELECTION INFORMATION SYSTEMS SPECIALIST
|Department||SBE General Administration|
|Date Opened||6/1/2020 1:52:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/15/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,464.00 - $65,790.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christina Lohr|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience in computer programming; implementing, troubleshooting or supporting local or wide area networks; installing and troubleshooting personal computers or evaluating, implementing or maintaining microcomputer hardware and software.
1. Eighteen (18) credit hours in computer information technology, programming or networking from an accredited college or university may be substituted for up to one year of the required experience.
2. Completion of a certification program in computer programming for personal computers, local or wide area networks or troubleshooting such as Microsoft Certified Professional or an equivalent program may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
3. Additional experience in computer programming; implementing, troubleshooting or supporting local or wide area networks; installing and troubleshooting personal computers or evaluating, implementing or maintaining personal computer hardware and software may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Information Technology Management classifications or Information Technology Management specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
-Experience working in a warehouse.
-Experience with diagnostic testing.
-Experience with equipment servicing and technical service.
-Experience working with computers.
-Experience working in an election office.
-Experience working in a fast paced environment.
-Experience in MDVOTERS.
-Experience with Smartsheets.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification are required to be registered voters in the State of Maryland in accordance with Election Law Article, Section 2-207(d) of the Annotated Code of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to:
Board of Elections
151 West St. Suite 200
Annapolis, MD 21401