Election Program IT Specialist I
|Department||SBE General Administration|
|Date Opened||8/3/2020 3:15:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/17/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,464.00 - $65,790.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Shermaine Malcolm|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Wicomico County Board of Elections
345 Snow Hill Rd.
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience in computer programming; implementing, troubleshooting or supporting local or wide area networks; installing and troubleshooting personal computers or evaluating, implementing, or maintaining microcomputer hardware and software.
1. Fifteen (15) credit hours in computer information technology, programming or networking from an accredited college or university may be substituted for up to one year of required experience.
2. Experience operating multi-purpose, multi-tasking computer systems; or scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining a tape library to process data on multipurpose, multi-tasking computer systems; or evaluating, implementing and maintaining microcomputer hardware and software; or converting data from project specifications by developing program code using third generation or other generally accepted computer programming languages may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
3. Completion of a certification program in computer programming for personal computers, local or wide area networks or troubleshooting such as Microsoft Certified Professional or an equivalent program may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in the Computer Systems Operations classifications or Computer Systems Operations specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
5. General clerical, data processing, technical or administrative experience may substitute for the required experience applying election laws, rules and procedures in a local election office at the rate of two years for each six months of the required election office experience. General clerical, data processing, technical or administrative experience is defined as work performing a variety of duties which are clear-cut and typically found in office settings, such as filing, copying, inputting data, general computer skills, and directing telephone calls.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Experience managing large projects
- Experience working with voting systems hardware and software
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees in this classification are required to be registered voters in the State of Maryland in accordance with the Election Law Article, Section 2-207(d).
2. Employees in this classification may not hold or be a candidate for any elective public or political party office or any other office created under the Constitution or laws of this State in accordance with the Election Law Article, Section 2-301(b).
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5:00 p.m. close of business on the closing date for the recruitment. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-974-5126. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact SBE's Human Resources Division at 410-269-2866.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850. or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
MD TTY Relay Service: 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.