ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST I
|Department||MDE - Land and Materials Administration (LMA)|
|Date Opened||3/18/2020 11:10:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/2/2020 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$32,498- $41,641 w/progression to $50,881. State salary guidelines apply to State employees.|
|HR Analyst||Peggie Jefferson|
The Land and Materials Administration, Lead Poisoning Prevention Division is recruiting for an Administrative Specialist I. This is a position specific recruitment for the Maryland Department of the Environment (MDE). This recruitment will be used to fill current and future vacancies for this position/function only. The resulting eligible list will be maintained for one year. Persons interested in future vacancies within this classification must re-apply.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of the Environment
Land and Material Administration
Lead Poisoning Prevention Division
1800 Washington Blvd.
Baltimore, MD 21230
The main purpose of this position is to provide administrative support for the Lead Poisoning Prevention Program, and to facilitate general department management details.
The following duties are examples of assignments performed by the incumbent in this classification. It is not a total comprehensive list of duties, nor is it restrictive regarding job assignments:
- Position is responsible for receiving, verifying and reconciling receipt of accreditation applications for lead paint service providers, associated fees, and processing refunds within established timeframes. This includes, checking incoming accreditation applications for the type of category chosen, checking for the correct amount of fees received, and entering the applicant information and fees into a database for tracking and reconciliation. Position is responsible for generating a monthly reconciliation report for application fees and refunds, and timely submitting it to supervisor and budget section.
- Provides administrative support to the Lead Accreditation & Oversight Section of the Lead Poisoning Prevention Program. This includes pulling files, preparing and researching written and electronic records for accreditation applications files, reviewing and performing data entry of inspection documents, and providing QA/QC of scanned inspection certificates. The position also must verify credentials and ensure compliance with applicable state laws; including, checking compliance with Department of Assessment & Taxation and entering data into the MD Permit / License Suspension Database. Maintains important and/or confidential hard copy of all documents in a thorough and organized manner according to the department's policies and procedures.
Education: Completion of 60 credit hours at an accredited college or university.
1. Candidates may substitute one year of experience in administrative or professional work for the required education, at the rate of one year of experience for 30 credit hours, for up to 60 credit hours of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer involving staff work requiring regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting rules and regulations in accordance with agency laws and policies on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
It is preferred that the selected candidate has the following:
- Experience providing customer service, telephonically or in person;
- Experience using Microsoft Access and Excel, to record, track and analyze financial or other data; including, creating and producing reports for management;
- Experience in bookkeeping, accounts payable or receivable.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position. Please note that you will be required by the appointing agency to provide proof upon hire of all certifications, licenses, educational and work experiences. All applications must be legally authorized and possess any necessary documents under this Act in order to be hired in the position for which you apply. For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service.