ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST II
|Department||Maryland Higher Education Commission|
|Date Opened||3/25/2020 4:35:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/8/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$16.43 - $21.08 per hour|
|HR Analyst||Jesse Filamor|
- Provide administrative support for the GEAR UP scholarship
- Work collaboratively with the Grants Management Manager and GEAR UP-CPIP Coordinator on developing all GEAR UP scholarship documentation, including scholarship application
- Process, evaluate, and track all GEAR UP scholarship applications
- Determine the scholarship awards in accordance with funding categories and recipient enrollment status
- Establish and accurately maintains scholarship accounts electronically and manually
Education: Completion of 60 credit hours at an accredited college or university.
Experience: One year of experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute experience as defined above for the required education at the rate of one year of experience for 30 credit hours, for up to 60 credit hours of required education.
2. Candidates may substitute 90 credit hours at an accredited college or university for the required education and experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer involving staff work requiring regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting rules and regulations in accordance with agency laws and policies on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Two years of experience supporting federal or state grant funded projects
One year of professional budgeting and fiscal affairs experience
Two years of experience utilizing software packages applicable to an office such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.) and Google Mail. Intermediate experience in Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
Two years administrative support experience
One year of professional experience with outreach and communications tools
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, 301 W. Preston St., Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1B)
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|