HUMAN SERVICE SPECIALIST V
POLICY AND TRAINING SPECIALIST-SOUTHERN REGION
|Department||DHS Child Support Enforcement Administration|
|Date Opened||3/30/2020 3:45:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/13/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,477.00 - $60,183/year with potential growth to $74,191.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Scott Waddel|
This recruitment is limited to candidates willing to accept employment in Calvert County, Charles County or St. Mary's County in Southern Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
Child Support Administration
311 W. Saratoga Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Main Purpose of Job
This position serves a Policy and Training Specialist- Southern Region in the Policy and Training Unit of the Division of Program Development in the Child Support Administration of the Department of Human Services. This position functions as the technical/policy expert for child support programs and will be responsible for the planning, development, implementation, training, and management of new child support programs.
This position will be required to travel across Maryland and outside as needed to present training and/or to attend meetings.
Planning and directing activities necessary for the implementation of new programs; Identifying and securing resources necessary for implementation. Analyzing and interpreting federal/state laws to assess impact on the Child Support Program Developing and writing policy, procedures and regulations necessary to implement child support programs. Serving as program liaison to federal offices. Providing ongoing training and technical support to local staff. Monitoring program to identify need for modifications. Developing, implementing, presenting and providing training and technical assistance to staff statewide to include, but not be limited to online/distance learning, in-classroom, and regional training as assigned.
Applicants must meet all minimum (AND SELECTIVE) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
EDUCATION: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
EXPERIENCE: Four years of experience in the administration of a human services program or experience conducting studies and analyses of programs, procedures, practices and organizations.
1. Additional professional or technical experience in the administration of a human services program or experience conducting studies and analyses of programs, procedures, practices and organizations may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Education at the graduate level at an accredited college or university in a human services related field at may be substituted the rate of 30 semester hours per year for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Administrative Officer classifications or Administrative Officer specialty codes in the General, Administrative, Clerical, and Office Services field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
One year of the required minimum qualification experience must have been working in a TILE IV-D CHILD SUPPORT Program.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. A Master's degree from an accredited college or university in Public Policy (M.P.P.), Public Administration (M.P.A.) or a Juris Doctorate (J.D.).
2. Two years of experience in policy utilization.
3. Two years experience in policy development and writing.
4. Two years of experience conducting formal training programs or courses, including PowerPoint presentations, WebEx and live trainings.
5. Experience with various software such as: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Child Support Enforcement System, Motor Vehicle Administration System, Maryland Automated Benefit System, or the Microsoft Outlook System.
6. Strong customer service and communication skills.
7. Experience with prioritizing and multitasking effectively.
8. Experience with time management, priority setting and problem-solving skills.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Limited to candidates willing to accept employment in Calvert County, Charles County or St. Mary's County.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position.
You may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire. The supplemental questionnaire may be used as part of the rating process. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service is required prior to hire.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to, Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 134, Baltimore, Maryland 21201. All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by 5 P.M on the closing date.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
Please upload any requested supporting documentation. Resumes are not required.
If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-0882. Only additional materials that are requested will be accepted for this recruitment. If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-7414. TTY Users: please call via Maryland Relay.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
People with disabilities and bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply.