MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR I Non-Licensed
|Department||DGS Facilities Operations and Maintenance|
|Date Opened||2/5/2020 10:05:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/20/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,106 - $70,201/year (based on qualifications and salary rules)|
|HR Analyst||Mojisola Ogungbe|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of the Building Manager position is to assist the Regional Manager in overseeing and managing the maintenance and operations for a specific building within the region. Specific functions include monitoring the building maintenance operations, implementing budgetary items to be purchased, preparing maintenance contract specifications, preparing various reports and documents, assisting in the interviewing and hiring of new staff, supervising lower level employees, evaluating employee performance, and establishing new operating methods for maintenance.
This is an emergency essential classification subject to emergency release procedures. Employees in this classification must be willing and available for duty at such hours, day or night, and are required to remain or report for duty at such hours as needed to maintain the continuous operation of this agency. If you are the selected candidate, you will be required to take a Pre-Employment Physical, which will assess your ability to safely perform the essential functions of the position.
- Schedule and coordinate the technical maintenance work and installation services rendered by skilled, semi-skilled and un-skilled maintenance staff. Perform daily routine building inspections to identify issues needing to be addressed and monitor equipment.
- Supervise lower-level maintenance and administrative staff in the building. Assist in the interview and hiring process, monitor work and conduct performance evaluations for direct reports.
- Respond to routine requests, concerns or problems from building tenants. Act as a liaison to building tenants to field inquiries and handle complaints and maintenance requests. Respond to after-hours emergencies, such as waterline breaks, building equipment failures or breakdowns, snow removal, etc.
- Oversee contract performance for the building. Use the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to monitor building equipment and schedule preventive maintenance. Meet with the Regional Manager and maintenance staff on a weekly basis to identify areas of concern and give updates on building upkeep, maintenance and repair. Meet monthly with the Regional Manager to review monthly budget expenditures and upcoming contract specifications.
- Assist in the preparation of contractual specifications for construction projects or repairs (interior/exterior) throughout the facility that are performed by contractors and State employees.
- Enforce all building policies, procedures, and regulations to provide for a smooth and effective building operation.
Education: Eighth grade.
Experience: Six years experience in building maintenance or building construction trades including five years of responsibility assigning, reviewing and approving the work of others and disciplining, evaluating the performance of, and recommending the hiring, firing and promoting of others.
Note: Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a non-commissioned officer in utilities classifications or mechanical maintenance specialty codes in the utility systems repair field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Two years of experience in building management, with direct responsibility for overseeing building operations and maintenance.
2. The ideal candidate will have experience purchasing budgetary items and preparing maintenance contract specifications.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please include all experience and education that is related to this position. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date; information submitted after the closing date will not be considered.
Note that for any position requiring a college degree or college credit, you will be required to submit a college transcript prior to being offered a position. You may submit your transcript as part of the application process.
The examination for this position will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment eligibility list categorized as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED, or QUALIFIED. The eligibility list will be valid for one year and may be extended. The list will be used by the hiring authority to select employees for interviews. Eligible lists may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification.
You MUST possess the minimum qualifications before you may be selected for a State job – Verification will be completed by the appointing authority. If you are scheduled to complete an educational or licensing requirement within six months of the examination, you may participate in the examination process. Permanent State employees may also complete necessary experience requirements within six months of the date of an examination. Credit is given for relevant part-time, temporary or volunteer experience based on the number of hours worked per week. You must include on your application the time spent on such activity.
You must be legally authorized under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act to be hired in the position for which you apply.
Contact email@example.com or call 410-767-1386 with questions about this recruitment. The on-line application process is STRONGLY preferred.
Apply online at www.dgs.maryland.gov – click on Employment on the left side of the screen. If you are unable to submit your application online, please send your paper application to: Human Resources, Dept. of General Services, 301 W. Preston St., Suite 1311, Baltimore, MD 21201 by the closing date and time.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay