SOCIAL WORKER I, HEALTH SERVICES *REPOST*
|Department||MDH Springfield Hospital Center|
|Date Opened||10/27/2020 11:39:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/18/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$23,238.50 - $37,095.50/year|
|HR Analyst||Kara Winnard|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Evaluates patients to develop and maintain treatment and discharge plans.
- Participates in treatment activities and case management.
- Provides education to patients, families and community resources.
- Maintains clinical competencies while continuing to improve clinical skills.
- Utilizes community resources to develop and implement patient aftercare plans.
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners under the licensing requirements for Social Workers.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates must be licensed as a Graduate Social Worker (on or by June 30, 2018), Master Social Worker(on or after July 1, 2018) or Certified Social Worker by the Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners prior to appointment to a position in State service. Applicants who do not have a license may also apply pending receipt of the required license. When the license is obtained, submit a copy to the Maryland Department of Health Testing Unit.
2. Candidates appointed to positions in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of an automobile. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess an appropriate operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.