SOCIAL WORKER I, CRIMINAL JUSTICE
Addiction Specialist Grant
|Department||OPD District Operations|
|Date Opened||10/9/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/5/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,477.00 - $74,191.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Janynee Covington|
The Office of the Public Defender is a statewide independent agency charged with providing superior legal representation to indigent defendants. The agency’s vision is Justice, Fairness and Dignity for All. Employees are committed to the core values of culture of excellence, client centered representation, tenacious advocacy, and are united in achieving the agency’s mission.
The Office of the Public Defender is seeking two social workers (LMSW) to serve as essential team members on a grant to encourage community-based treatment for justice involved individuals with an opioid use disorder. One position will be based in Baltimore City, the other in Howard County. This is a grant-funded position expected to run through September, 2022.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Determined by the State Board of Social Work Examiners under the licensing requirements for Social Workers.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Currently licensed as an LMSW.
Background and experience in forensic social work and/or substance abuse.
Experience conducting screening interviews and assessments, and developing treatment plans.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Detail-oriented and able to meet internal and external deadlines.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees are required to be licensed as a Graduate Social Worker (on or by June 30, 2018), Master Social Worker (on or after July 1,2018, Certified Social Worker or Certified Social Worker-Clinical by the State Board of Social Work Examiners prior to appointment to a position in State service. Applicants who do not have a license may also apply pending receipt of the required license. When the license is obtained, submit a copy to the hiring department.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees are required to meet mandatory standards for continuing education as determined by the hiring department. Employees who fail to obtain the required continuing education credits shall be subject to disciplinary action including demotion, suspension and dismissal.
2.Employees of the Department of Juvenile Services must complete an approved training program in group counseling techniques.
3. Employees of the Department of Juvenile Services may be required to complete the Level I Counseling course certified by the Maryland AIDS Professional Education Center.
4. Employees of the Department of Juvenile Services are required to qualify for and successfully complete the Entry Level Training Academy operated by the Police and Correctional Training Commissions.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. You may be required to complete a qualifications supplement, or the rating may be based on your application. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Report all experience and education that is related to this position. Applicants selected for interview will be required to complete a writing sample onsite during the interview process.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications preferred. Please fax all paper applications and questionnaires to (410) 333-2260.
Inquiries regarding applications and submitting paper applications can be directed to: Office of the Public Defender, Human Resources Division, 6 Saint Paul Street, Suite 1304, Baltimore, MD 21202; or by calling (410) 767-8500, toll free: 877-430-5187; TTY users call Maryland Relay Service 800-735-2258.
Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing. A paper copy of the MD State application form and questionnaire can be downloaded from the link below.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|