ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST III
(Data Control /Membership Unit)
|Department||Maryland State Retirement and Pension Systems|
|Date Opened||2/13/2020 10:35:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/27/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$36,676.00 - $57,787.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jacqueline Wallace|
The Maryland State Retirement Agency is the administrator of the Maryland State Retirement and Pension System (“System”). The System is a defined benefit retirement system covering governmental employees within the State of Maryland. The System is a multi-employer, public employees’ defined benefit retirement system composed of twelve (12) separate retirement and pension systems with over 50 different rule sets. The System has over 357,000 participants (customers), including 192,000 members who are actively employed and participating in the System, 165,000 payees who receive a monthly payment from the System, and 40,000 vested members who are no longer actively employed but have earned a benefit that will become payable at a future date.
The Agency is recruiting to fill an Administrative Specialist III position to work in its Administration Division, Data Control Unit.
LOCATION OF POSITION
120 East Baltimore Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
Education: Completion of 60 credit hours at an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years of experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute experience as defined above at the rate of one year experience for 30 credit hours of education for up to 60 credit hours of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university for the required education and experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer involving staff work requiring regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting rules and regulations in accordance with agency laws and policies on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. 2 years 'of experience successfully using Microsoft Office software (MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access); intermediate to advanced level preferable.
2. 2 years' of customer service experience, cooperatively interacting with customers over the telephone and via email and US postal mail; and
3. Demonstrated experience understanding military service, including review of Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (Form DD 214) and/or Retirement Points Accounting (Form NGB 23).
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the minimum for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year. This list will be used by the hiring agency to select employees.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application. Due to the confidential nature of the work, selected candidates must undergo and pass a background check.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If online access is not available, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire (if applicable) to: DBM Recruitment & Examination Department 301 West Preston Street, Room 608, Baltimore, MD 21201.
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-4850.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|