ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST III
|Department||LABOR - Occupational and Professional Licensing 1|
|Date Opened||3/27/2020 12:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/10/2020 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$36,676.00 - $47,143.00 with potential growth up to $57,787.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Tenisha Tunstall|
LOCATION OF POSITION
This employee is responsible for approving new applicants for licensure. This requires the employee to use independent judgement and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative policies and legal interpretations.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Approves or disapproves the original applications of applicants, using independent judgement based on experience and knowledge of current laws and regulations. Approves name changes, credit reports and other changes in license status. Approves or disapproves the applications of reciprocal applicants, reciprocal applicants, agreements and information as required by real estate law. Independent decisions are made using the knowledge of reciprocal laws and regulations from both Maryland and the applicant's original State of licensure.
- Works with other staff in answering telephone calls and assisting walk-in customers. Works with the Assistant Director and Executive Director to correct issues, problems, errors or complaints regarding the issuance of licenses when Licensing Supervisor is not available.
- Assist licensing supervisor in training staff and is the Lead employee when Licensing Supervisor is not available.
Education: Completion of 60 credit hours at an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years of experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute experience as defined above at the rate of one year experience for 30 credit hours of education for up to 60 credit hours of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university for the required education and experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer involving staff work requiring regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting rules and regulations in accordance with agency laws and policies on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Good oral and written communication skills
Proficient with google and Microsoft Office Suite
Excellent Customer Service experience
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
All candidates are subject to a background check against files maintained by the Division of Unemployment Insurance (Department of Labor/DUI) to determine whether any monies are owed to Department of Labor/DUI as a result of unemployment overpayment/fraud. Any unpaid debt may have an impact on whether or not a candidate is offered employment.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
RESUMES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AND NOT CONSIDERED IN THE SELECTION PROCESS.
All information concerning the qualifications, including any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certificate, etc.) must be submitted and received by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be considered.
For positions that require Bachelor/Master Degree etc:
Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This evaluation must be submitted prior to hire. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925.
The examination for this recruitment will be an evaluation and rating of the information provided on your application. Therefore, it is essential that the application is filled out completely and accurately, listing all relevant education and experience, addressing the specific qualifications shown above and submitting any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certification, license, etc.). Please include clear, detailed and specific information on your application regarding experience qualifications related to the minimum qualifications, desired, and/or selective qualifications of the position.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. However, if you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION.
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Department of Labor Office of Administration
Attn: Tenisha Tunstall 20-002043-0019
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Rm. 101
Baltimore, MD 21201
For additional information, please contact Tenisha Tunstall at 410-767-2772 or via email Tenisha.Tunstall2@maryland.gov.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
The MD State Application Form can be found online.
Department of Labor is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Department of Labor that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.