MILITARY YOUTH WORKER I
|Department||MIL State Operations|
|Date Opened||10/16/2020 4:02:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/30/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$30,307.00 - $47,317.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Angela Stokes|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Six months of experience working with groups of children or youth in a structured environment, such as in a recreation center, institutional or school setting.
1. Candidates may substitute fifteen credit hours including 3 credit hours in the behavioral or social sciences from an accredited college or university for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Social Service Aid and Assistant classification or Social Service Aid and Assistant specialty codes in the Social Services, Psychology and Welfare field of work for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification will be trained in cardiopulmonary resuscitation and first aid leading to certification. These certifications must be kept current as a requirement of residential childcare licensure by the Department of Human Services.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
2. Candidates for positions in this classification will be required to apply for a criminal background check as required by the Family Law Article, Section 5-561, Annotated Code of Maryland.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to:
MD Military Department
ATTN: Angela Stokes
29th Division St., Rm B10
Baltimore, MD 21201
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|