ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER III
|Department||DJS Departmental Support|
|Date Opened||3/26/2020 2:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/9/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,106.00 - $70,201.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Shavonne Holman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MD Department of Juvenile Services
Youth Assistance Unit217 E Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of the Administrative Officer III position is to coordinate the use of Medicaid coverage and private insurance to cover services provided to DJS youth.
This position will assure that DJS youth are able to access appropriate care, while maximizing financial recoveries. This incumbent provides technical assistance, consultation, and training of DJS Case Management Specialist, community service program staff and other stakeholders. This incumbent will conduct periodic review of DJS operations as it affects the Medicaid program and determine when new policies and procedures are needed. This position will also be responsible for researching Medicaid eligibility and other possible services for DJS youth using state, federal and private resources.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university. Experience: Three years experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included the regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Two years experience working with the Medicaid program that includes developing and implementing rules, regulations and/or standards.
2. Two years of experience ensuring compliance with state and/or federal regulations departmental policies and procedures in the management of the Medicaid or other human service program.
3. Two years of experience preparing reports, analyzing results and evaluating the operating efficiency of Medicaid or other human service programs.
4. One year of experience developing and delivering formal training, including PowerPoint presentations, WebEx , and live trainings.
5. Experience with various software such as: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Maryland Medicaid Management System (MMIS), Client Automated Resources and Eligibility System (CARES).
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
This recruitment is limited to State of Maryland employees only.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Applicants who meet the Minimum Qualifications will be placed on the eligible list categorized as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified. Candidates shall be certified to the eligible list for a year. Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year. This list will be used by DJS hiring agency to select employees.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training, and experience as it relates to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate educational and employment information on your application. Please make sure to provide sufficient information on your application to show how you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply on line you may mail a paper application to the address below or fax a paper application to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile ServicesRecruitment & Examination Unit
217 E Redwood Street Baltimore, MD 21202
Attn: Shavonne HolmanFax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland RelayShould additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at email@example.com Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin. The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.