NATURAL RESOURCES PLANNER I
|Department||MDE - Air and Radiation Administration (ARA)|
|Date Opened||11/9/2020 3:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/23/2020 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$38,988.00 - $61,649.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Olivia Finley|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of the Environment
Air and Radiation Administration
Air Quality Planning Program
1800 Washington Blvd., Baltimore MD 21230
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in an environmental science or natural resources planning, management or development.
1. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in urban or regional planning, engineering, physical geography, or the physical, chemical, biological sciences and one year of experience in natural resources planning or applied environmental science may be substituted for the required education.
2. Possession of a Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in natural resources planning, management, administration, development, environmental, urban or regional planning; resources economics or development; environmental system management; water or land resources planning and management; environmental landscape architecture; or the physical, biological, chemical or environmental sciences maybe substituted for up to three years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the general natural resources management and biological sciences classifications or general natural resources management and biological sciences specialty codes in the general natural resources management and biological sciences field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Please include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications. It is preferred that the selected candidate has the following:
- Excellent writing skills;
- Proficient in MS Office programs: Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the minimum /selective/preferred qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be considered. Applicants that meet the qualifications will be referred to the hiring unit for consideration of an interview/selection. To be qualified for referral, the candidates must demonstrate possession of the required qualifications, within their applications. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year. This list will be used by the hiring agency to select employees.
Resumes are not acceptable and not considered in the selection process.
Your application is part of the examination process. The assessment will be a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of this position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate educational and employment information on your application.
Education credentials and experience verification will be completed by the Appointing Authority. If you are scheduled to complete an education or licensing requirement within six months of the examination, you may participate in the examination process, if one is required. Please note that you will be required by the appointing agency to provide proof upon hire of all certifications, licenses, educational and work experiences.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act. You must be legally authorized and possess any necessary documents under this Act in order to be hired in the position for which you apply. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the state application. If you are unable to apply online or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation you may mail a paper application, required documentation, transcripts and any required addendums to:
Office of Human Resources
Recruitment & Examination Division
Reference Number: 20-002308-0003
1800 Washington Blvd. Baltimore, MD 21230
(Office) 410-537-3105 (Fax) 410-537-3966
The MD State Application Form can be found online.
PLEASE NOTE: The Maryland Department of the Environment participates in the E-Verify Program.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.