HEALTH POLICY ANALYST ADVANCED
|Department||MD Health Benefit Exchange|
|Date Opened||1/30/2020 08:45:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/20/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$53,214.00 - $69,215.00/year with potential growth up to $85,398/year|
|HR Analyst||JasCiel Stamp|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Work with key stakeholders and State agencies to develop and implement policies that work to promote the policy agenda of the MHBE Board of Trustees.
- Provide high quality, detailed legislative and regulatory analysis for state officials including appointed officials, and state legislators.
- Monitor changes in State and Federal law; develop policies and procedures to implement changes that impact MHBE operations, including promulgation of state regulations where appropriate.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key external stakeholders to strengthen communications, partnership, and investment in Affordable Care Act programs.
- Provide support and consultation to senior management during the legislative session.
- Represent the agency before legislative and regulatory bodies.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Three years of experience evaluating, analyzing, researching and developing health care services, policies and programs.
1. A Master's degree in Health Sciences, Health Care Administration, Public Health, Public Policy or closely related field may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
2. A JD or PhD in Health Sciences, Health Care Administration, Public Health, Public Policy or closely related field may be substituted for two years of the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced knowledge and experience working with Health Care Policy specifically, the Affordable Care Act; Federal, State or Local.
- Experience developing, maintaining, implementing and updating health care policies.
- Experience in promulgating federal or state regulations.
- Experience in federal or state legislative processes.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to:
Maryland Health Benefit Exchange
Attn: Office of Human Resources
750 E Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Or via email to email@example.com.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application. Applications must be received no later than the close of business on the closing date.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.