INTERNAL RECRUITMENT FOR MSRA IT EMPLOYEES ONLY
|Department||Maryland State Retirement and Pension Systems|
|Date Opened||12/28/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/25/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$34,174.00 - $53,658.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Cecelia Smith|
The Maryland State Retirement Agency’s (MSRA) Information Systems Division is seeking a candidate to fill the Administrative Aide position in its Pension Systems Operation Unit.
LOCATION OF POSITION
120 East Baltimore Street
The main purpose of the Administrative Aide position is to assist and support the Technical Information Systems resources by ensuring:
- All procurement activities are conducted in a timely manner so as not to interrupt the critical support services that the Information Systems Division is responsible for providing to its internal and external customers.
- IT assets are available to agency staff so that evolving technological business process solution can be implemented and these assets are accounted for.
- Administrative business processes are efficient and well documented.
- Monitoring the ticket management system for new requisition and invoice requests.
- Establishes appropriate workflow and ensures process completion
- Works independently with IS, Finance and vendors to resolve payment issues
- Maintains Division’s technology asset inventory, along with coordinating an annual physical inventory and reporting the results to the Finance Division Assists in the annual budget submission.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Four years performing secretarial work or clerical work involving typing duties.
1. Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Administrative Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, 301 W. Preston St., Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|