|Department||DHS Family Investment Administration - Operations|
|Date Opened||3/13/2020 11:45:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/27/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$49,971.00 - $64,857.00 with potential growth to $79,996.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Cynthia McMillian|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Human Services
Family Investment Administration
311 W. Saratoga Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to administer and maintain the integrity of the Maryland Office for Refugees and Asylees' (MORA's) database management system. As a Database Manager, the incumbent has the primary responsibility for providing support and technical assistance to both internal and external database users within the MORA service provider network. This position collaborates and coordinates with DHS Information Technology staff as well as system developers to establish statistical methodology and reporting standards. This position works to establish data collection and validation methods to ensure the accuracy of federal and state reports and other data inquiries. The incumbent presents reports and recommendations relevant to program performance and outcomes, costs, and projected future needs. This position assists in preparing the annual State Plan, annual goal plans for the State's MFR (Managing for Results) and the federal Office of Refugee Resettlement GPRA (Government Performance and Results Act). Incumbent is a subject matter expert on issues related to program data, and as such, advises FIA leadership and the Program Director.
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
One year of experience in data mining, data analysis, data processing and/or managing a database.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT, Business, or a related field of study.
2. Proficient in using Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
3. One year of experience in using Accounting and Data Analytic Tools.
4. One year of experience in providing training and technical support for a database.
5. One year of experience in Tableau and/or Qlik or related Data Analytic Tool.
6. One year of experience in evaluating programs for impact and effectiveness, and to identify problem areas and make recommendations for improvement.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 137, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-0882. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you have questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-7414.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and job number and must be received by 5 P.M. on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.