Air Quality Data Analyst
|Department||MDE - Air and Radiation Administration (ARA)|
|Date Opened||11/20/2020 12:53:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/4/2020 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$49,971-$64,854 with progression to $79,996. State salary guidelines apply to State Employees|
|HR Analyst||Tammy Lewis|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Air and Radiation Administration/Ambient Air Monitoring Program
1800 Washington Blvd.
Baltimore, MD 21230
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
It is required that the selected candidate has the following: Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1 year of experience gathering, analyzing, and interpreting data.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
It is preferred that the selective candidate has the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental sciences or science related field from an accredited university with a minimum of nine semester hours, or the equivalent of coursework in research methodology, theoretical or applied statistics or measurement theory.
- Experience in statistical or research which includes application of advanced statistical, analytical and data visualization techniques.
- Experience in collecting, analyzing, evaluating and disseminating air quality data.
- Experience in identifying trends and anomalies within air quality data.
- Experience in GIS (Geographic Information System) and statistical package R, Python or other statistical software.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and communication skills.
- Experience with air quality regulations, policies and laws and applying them to data sets.
- Experience using statistical methods to better understand the health effects related to the exposure to air pollutants.
- Experience using statistical methods to better understand the health effects related to exposure to air toxics.
- Experience using reference/equivalent method air quality instruments or “low cost” air quality sensors.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
It is STRONGLY preferred that you apply online; however, if you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and reference number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
You may email required documentation, transcripts and addendums to email@example.com or fax to 410-537-3966.
Tammy Lewis, Manager, Recruitment and Examination Division
Office of Human Resources
MDE Reference Number: 20-002587-0039
1800 Washington Blvd. Baltimore, MD 21230
Office: 410-537-3130/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The MD State Application Form can be found online.
PLEASE NOTE: The Maryland Department of the Environment participates in the E-Verify Program.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.