Sr. Construction Project Manager
|Department||DGS Office of Real Estate|
|Date Opened||3/17/2020 10:05:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/31/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$53,214 - $85,398/year (based on qualifications and salary rules)|
|HR Analyst||Mojisola Ogungbe|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
This position is also responsible for the improvements of $50 million of leased space acquired by the Lease Management and Procurement Division annually within the State’s 24 political subdivisions. It also develops, reviews, adherence, and interprets the standards for such work and the eventual acceptance of completed work to enable state agencies to perform services.
• Manage project meetings for the development and approval of architectural and construction drawings and documents complying with jurisdictional codes and state standards and agency requirements.
• Serve as liaison between building owners, general contractors and agencies, and coordinate design and, construction activities to ensure on-time planning and completion of all required construction activities within the project.
• Inspect new-leased space for completion and overall quality of work, confirm square footage values and determine the start date for agency move in and commencement of lease term and rental payments.
• Ensure that cost data from construction projects is verified and uploaded into lease management system for each completed project.
• Review, deny, negotiate and approve for payment landlord construction budgets and excess tenant fit-up invoices to state agencies (work required by agencies over and above state standards) for new-leased space.
• Review, modify and approve the scope of work within existing leased space and review, deny, negotiate and approve for payment landlord invoices for such renovation work for submission to BPW or DPRB items and maintain support documentation.
• Provide back-up support to Lease Compliance Officers in conducting inspections of leased facilities for compliance with state standard specifications and requirements including ADA accessibility, fire code and local building codes. Participates in the planning and inspection of corrective actions that may be required prior to a renewal of an existing lease or in response to a complaint from agency.
• Review and recommend updates and modifications to state standards specifications and requirements to ensure documents meet most recent code changes. Train and update Lease Management & Procurement staff on changes and modifications to various codes.
• Participate in department’s COOP exercises. Remain on call in the event of an after hour emergency situation within a leased facility under construction. Maintain records for open and completed work and Managing For Results.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five years of experience in administrative staff or professional work. One year of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: the supervision of other employees, overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
Two (2) years of experience in project management within the construction industry.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
-Work experience with the Maryland General Performance Standards and Specifications (MGPSS).
-Knowledge of NFPA Life Safety Code, ADA, COMAR, ASHRAE and other Maryland Building Code standards.
-Skilled in reading and interpreting construction drawings, blue prints and space plans.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The list will be used by the hiring authority to select employees for interviews. Eligible lists may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please send your paper application to:
Human Resources, Department of General Services, 301 West Preston Street, Suite 1311, Baltimore, MD 21201 by the closing date and time.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.