Assistant Program Coordinator
|Department||DPSCS 9-1-1 Emergency Numbers Systems|
|Date Opened||9/16/2020 3:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/2/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$53,214.00 with potential growth to - $85,398.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Thomasine Johnson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
300 E. Joppa Road, Suite 1000
Towson, MD 21286
Main Purpose of Job
· Evaluate the evolving nature of new 9-1-1 technologies and establish/update standards for Public Safety Answer Points through the Board's established subcommittees and industry experts for the delivery of 9-1-1 calls.
· Coordinate the statewide deployment and sustainment of 9-1-1 communications technologies, such as text messaging and Next-Generation 9-1-1 to promote the continuous reliability of 9-1-1 networks and systems.
· Prepare reports required by the Public Safety Article, COMAR and the Board regarding 9-1-1 call service and call delivery.
· Familiarize Board Members and PSAP community with the various aspects of 9-1-1 call service and delivery. Review and prepare written analysis of Board project funding requests for sufficiency and scope.
· Assist the Executive Director to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the Emergency Number Systems Board and to accomplish the day-to-day activities in support of the Board.
· Assist in establishing strategic 9-1-1 technical, fiscal and operational plans.
· As directed, provide oral and written testimony, presentations and training on 9-1-1 related topics to a variety of stakeholders and audiences.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five years of experience in administrative staff or professional work. One year of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: the supervision of other employees, overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
Applicants must meet this selective qualification to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualifications are preferred, not required:
One year of experience with project management.
One year of experience with Public Safety Answer Point (PSAP) operations and staffing.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
Please make sure that you provide complete and accurate information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after the above closing date.
Online applications are recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail your application by the closing date to:
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
ATTN: Thomasine Johnson
300 E. Joppa Road, Suite 1100
Towson, Maryland 21286
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
For more information, please call 410-339-4214.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encourage to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|